Another week down, and it has been hot as ever. I dunno whats happened, but we're out here.
My son is progressing. He is really well, he humbles me a lot with his innocent questions that make me realize I'm not doing a very good job as a missionary - that's alright though, we're both improving as missionaries.
I was talking to my buddy Elder Walker this week, and he said something reallll interesting. Being tired is a bad habit. We always hear that, and just think it is normal to be lazy, but that's not good - like at all. We need to be dilligent and do everything we can to keep busy. God doesn't like it when we're lazy.
Here in Peru I've seen lots of differences in stake conferences. There back home we always had good meetings, and here, we just kinda talk about the restoration and the plan of salvation. Like thats great, but I wanna learn church history. I wanna know stories about the history of the church. One day.
We had a work visit in my area this week with the zone leader, and he told me I'm doin' a good job. So that was great. I like when the leaders give us compliments instead of just destroying us. It really means a lot.
Yesterday we found a drunk guy in the street that cussed us out and called us pretty much every name in the book. I just laughed. Gotta love those guys. Then we found a lady movin' dirt in a wheel barrow and we worked with her for like a half hour or so. That's one of my favorite things to do here in the mission.
The zone leaders gave us a talk this week - The Donaldson Papers - it is amazing! It talks a lot about our purpose here as missionaries and what we should be doin. Look it up!
A scripture reference I want to leave for you guys is this:
Alma 11: 41 - 45.
Elder Roper


No comments:
Post a Comment