Monday, April 9, 2018

había cambios!, TUSHMOLANDIA, Gringo campanero??

Yes, as the title says, there were changes in the areas last week, but, I literally stayed in the same zone, just switched areas and companions. Didn't even getta fly out lol, just took a moto. 



He will have 6 months at the end of this change, so I'm planning on staying here until September or so. Which is really gonna be hard. This area is a lot bigger than my other one, and honestly just flat out in the middle of nowhere, It is pure jungle. We went about 20 minutes in a moto and found literally like, what National Geographic would put in their magazines. So this will be fun, I would much rather be in a place like this than in the US honestly hahaha. 

One thing they didn't tell me about a mission, is how hard it is to leave an area, especially when you have a pensionista like we did. As I got my suitcases ready to go, I felt the same feelings I was feeling as I left home in October, and man was that hard. 



I definitely broke mission rules and gave my mission mom and grandma a hug when I left hahaha. Definitely cried as well, that was tough. 







Hermano Rober, the dude that sent you pics of me and El Botelho, bought us both a Peru soccer jersey with our name on it. I am close to them, so they told me that they're gonna come visit my church on my birthday with some sort of present.  man.  I love that family!




I also have a gringo companion. He is from Boulder Colorado, Elder Call. He has almost 10 months in the mission, so I think it will be fun. The only thing that scares me is the Spanish hahahaha. We speak pure English together. 

I got a new district leader, Elder Jackson from Arizona. He is about 6 foot 5, and african american. He is energetic and funny, but the dude knows his stuff. We had our first district meeting, and he lit my fire. I'm stoked to work with him. 

I also finished reading the Book of Mormon again last week! 

We didn't work much this week because the companion of Elder Call went home about 3 weeks ago with knee problems, so he's been in a trio in another area. We've just been visiting all his (ours I should say) investigators and trying to catch up in the work. 
But yeah, thats about all for this week.

ELDER ROPER





My new living area









No comments:

Post a Comment