Monday, April 16, 2018

All Is Well In Tushmo

Hello all, 
It was another sunny week in good old Tushmo. The work is rough here, I'm not gonna lie. This area is a lot different than the other one I was in. Primavera, was really boxy, and was easy to navigate. This one is just big and doesn't make any sense to me, so that is rough, but I'm excited for the challenge! I'm trying to stay away from the "tough area" idea because there's always the phrase "there is not a tough area, just missionaries with little faith...'' So thats been fun.  My new pensionista is tough. We don't eat alot haha, and I just get the poops. We watched her kill a chicken Saturday morning and then we ate it for lunch that day. That was something else. She told me I coulda done it if I wanted, but I kindly declined - bwahahaha!

I am enjoying my new companion, Elder Call!  He was a three sport athlete in high school, so we get along quite well. He is really dilligent, and it is killing me. We usually work right up until 9 o clock, something I never did with Elder Bothelo in Primavera. But, sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven.

This weekend we had a stake conference, and it was fun!  I stayed in the exact same stake, so I got to see all my friends and members and my old pensionista this weekend. That was quite fun! There is a picture of me with a kid in a grey suit. He always left with us to do the lessons and he finally got his misison call to Guatamala, leaving August 8th. What a special day!
We did lots of service this last week, and we'll probably end up building a house, or helping build a house I should say this week. This week I hit 6 months, and I honestly think that is crazy. I feel like I was just in Pres. Schulte's office doing all the interview stuff and working at the O store. But life goes on. I'm also in my last month of my 18th year, which is insane. I'm really lookin forward to my birthday because my old pensionista told me they're gonna come visit with a gift, and WE GETTA FACETIME.  Que rico!  

I read the book of James yesterday before we went to church, and it is pretty good!  I really liked James 4: 7 and 8. Ya'll should read it (:

Before I finish this, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD.

All is well in Tushmo. 

ELDER ROPER











No comments:

Post a Comment