ayyy que tal
This week we didn't work much hahah. We had another Zone Conference, kind of a surprise visit of President Li, and with that of course comes interviews. So we lost a good chunk of Tuesday for the interviews, and then Wednesday the confercence started at 8 in the morning, and we left at 5 at night. So, that was a well spent day hahahha. We learned alot, and the assistants burned us pretty good hahaha. I feel like that's the role of the assistants - burn missionaries all day. But that's okay.
Then we had GENERAL CONFERENCE, wow! How powerful was the Solemn Assembly?!? Seeing President Nelson being sustained was something else. And all the new changes to the church? The Church definitely is evolving to a more modern day. And you best believe that we had all the gringos in Pulcallpa watching in English, and man it is so much better in this language. The translation is good, it just takes allllllllll the feeling and meaning out of the voices of the speakers. I sure did get homesick seeing the Conference Center, Temple Square and all that good stuff.
We're teaching an investigator who drives a dump truck right now, and finally I was like, "Can we see your truck?" I'm dyin. And he got way excited and told me to get in the driver's seat and all that and man, I sure felt at home hahahahha. That was fun!
Elder Walker has me thinking really hard about going to UVU! He wants to play baseball down there when he gets back, and every time he sees me we end up talking UVU. It's a temptation hahah. We will see . . . 'Ill worry about that in August of 2019.
It is honestly been freezing here lately, and I've slept in a sweater with a blanket the past week. I've heard that this weather isn't normal for Pulcallpa. It should be summer, and we should be dying of heat. But, it rained from about 3 in the morning to just barely today. Seems like Utah weather! bwahahah!
Changes are tonight, and you will all know next Monday if I get transferred.
Thats all for this week!
ELDER ROPER
PERU IQUITOS 2017//2019
No comments:
Post a Comment