Monday, March 12, 2018

Me enfermé, un bautismo sin la confirmación jajajaj

Hello all, 

Yes, according to the title, we had a baptism, and no, they were not confirmed bwahahahaha. This family, I swear we are babysitting them. It is two parents and their three kids, and I honestly think that their 9 year old is more mature than the dad. Something happened right before we called them Sunday morning to make sure they were comin' to church, we think they got in a big fight, the parents. But we hope the next week they'll be able to be confirmed members. 

Also according to the title, I got sick this week. I don't understand how it is possible to get a cold in the jungle, but I was able to accomplish it - runny nose, cough all that good stuff, plus humidity. Doesn't get much better than that. My pensionista has been giving me tons of meds, but I don't have the heart to tell her that they haven't done anything for me. I've been abusing EMERGEN-C this week as well, I'm sure glad I put a whole box of it in my suitcases before I left. I think by Wednesday I'll be better. I hope. I dunno if I have a fever, or if its just getting hotter and progressing towards summer, but I've been dying lately. 
-- 
Tomorrow I'll hop on a flight to Iquitos so that I can do some stuff to become a legal resident here. I'm a little scared to fly alone, but I'm hopin' I'll be with one of my other gringo friends who's in my group. I've learned that we're one of the only missions in the whole world who does changes and what not by plane. So that's pretty cool I guess. 

School for all the kids started today, it starts bright and early at 7 in the morning. It is so weird to think I was in high school just about a year ago, and this is literally the first spring of my life I'm not cleating up to play baseball. Growing up isn't very fun hahah. 

Language has been chuggin along. I'm tryin to study it as much as I can, but some days I just can't. I'm gettting to the point where I can kinda express myself. Slowly, but sure I guess. 

Last week I was talking with my bud Elder Walker, and he showed me in D&C 101, that the Lord Himself pretty much made the Constitution of the UNITED STATES. It was something that I honestly kinda forgot was in the D&C, crazy stuff honestly. I about crapped when I read it. 

Sometimes I wonder at night when I'm about to fall asleep how many miles I've walked in the mission already, and how many more I'm going to walk jajajaj. Crazy stuff. 

 ELDER ROPER










Favorite dish - broccoli, chicken, french fries, peppers and Peruvian spices


No comments:

Post a Comment