Buen Día a todos
This week was hard for the work. Tuesday I left at noon to go to Iquitos. There I did stuff in the building of Migrations, so that I can be legally here stuff like that. I spent about 4 hours with the personal secretary of the mission. His name is Elder Demarre. He's from Canada, and he's pretty cool. After that we hung out in the offices for a minute, and then I left with Elder Whitehead from PG, Utah, and Elder Mazo from Colombia. Elder Whitehead has 16 or 17 months somethin' like that, and his comp has 3 weeks in the field. So it was interesting to see how they worked, a little shaky, only because he's super new. But they're super cool, I liked being with them. We left to proselyte a bit and it was quite interesting, like nothin' I've ever seen before. If you google search Iquitos, the little stick houses will come up. And we sure found them. They build them super high in the air like that because they live in the lowland, so when it rains, it floods big time there. So of course everything was bridges high in the air stuff like that. I didn't like being on the rickety bridges like that, I dunno if everyone remembers this, but it reminded me of the old Series of Unfortunante Events movie, when the house just is over the cliff hahahah. Pretty fun. So that was Tuesday. Wednesday I woke up, and I felt absolutely awful. My whole body just ached. Didn't think anything of it and just pushed through it, I felt I couldn't slow up these guys in their area. Push comes to shove I was waiting in the airport in Iquitos to go back to Pulcallpa, and I fell asleep. But when I woke up, I was freezing. Now that doesn't make sense right? Freezing in the jungle. At that point it was like yeah, something is wrong. Don't forget that my nose was already stuffy and so that just made it even worse. I get to my area again, and my Zone Leaders say, man you don't look good at all, and my comp said the same exact thing. I knew there was no way we were leaving to proselyte that day. We got home, ate, my pensionista gave me a ton of pills and I went to bed at 8:30, which is unheard of in the mission. Saturday comes and I'm better. The power of prayer is real. And the Lord takes care of His servants.
The family came to church yesterday, and they were all confirmed members! That was awesome honestly. To see the smiles on their faces, and all the members were stoked and congratulating them. That was something else for sure. The mom couldn't put it into words when I asked her how she felt about it!
I feel like things are starting to click in the mission finally. I'm beginning to expand my vocab. I don't understand 100 percent yet, but its comin. slowy but surely - yanno?
One of our other investigators told us she was going to a different church yesterday, but told us she still wanted to be baptized jajajaj. We told her that doesn't really happen so were probally gonna move on. Frustrating because she had a date, but didn't pass her interview. It was our fault becausee we didn't visit her. But it is alright.
Our area is huge. We have to travel about 20 minutes each way to the limits, and of course we have investigators in the 2 limits. So it was bound to happen. It's aight, time marches on.
Spanish reggatone (rap) is beginnning to grow on me down here. Which is surprising to say because of the metalhead I was (am) in high school hahahahh.
5 Months in the book this last week. Time is flyin.
Elder Roper
This is my pensionista and family - they take really good care of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment