Monday, March 5, 2018

Converts of Gold

Buen Días y'all,
This week was a good, spiritual week honestly. One of my favorite scriptures I've found in my mission so far is 3 Nephi 5:13, mostly because its my birthday (5/13)  lol.  13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.  

This week we had to postpone the baptisms. Yesterday we had the baptism interviews, the young girl didn't pass, becausee shes havin' mega problems with the Law of Chastity. She is 18 with two kids, and two different fathers lol. She lives with the father of the second child, so we're really houndin' her on that.  BUT, the young boy who didn't pass his interview passed, and 10 Marzo de 2018, we will have 3 baptisms. The dad is a member, and he'll have an interview to see if he can baptize his family this week. This makes me happy, there should be a photo of me in front of a house, this is their house. They're a small humble family. But I love it. 


This week the ward took a ward temple trip to Lima, which I find amazing. It took them 18 hours to go there by bus, and 18 hours to return. Our Elders Quorum President told us he did 6 sessions in 2 days. I think in the US, ESPECIALLY IN UTAH, we take for granted having so many temples around us, and the people here literally will do anything to go to the temple. I have come to see that the Church isn't really established here, but there are definently TRUE CONVERTS. We call them Conversos de Oro, which is converts of Gold. I really think my Pensionistas family is golden. I'm trying to get a picture with them but they don't wanna, they think it is bad luck that I'll leave. There is a grandma that lives with them, and she calls me her baby hahahhaha. (Mom don't worry, just for this time while I'm here in Pulcallpa hahaha) My comp tells me that they really worry about me, mostly because I don't talk much when we eat with them, because really I don't understand much of what they say. But as Elder Roper before me used to say, "It's all good". 

I GOT MY PACKAGE THIS WEEK YEET. That really made my week, but it is funny I got it the day we started our fast, so we shared a package of M&Ms real quick and started our fast. Our companionship is really getting better, he likes to shine my shoes every P day and that makes me feel bad for how short and closed off I've been with him, so I'm really trying to be charitable, and share my things with him. Not to a point where he is using me, but just enough so we can get closer. 

One of the things I absolutley love about this small ward I'm in, is when the Deacons pass the Sacrament, its like they're all one. They all wear long sleeve shirts, keep the trays in their right hand, and put their left arm behind their back. It is something small, but it really helps with the revernece in the meeting. 

It is honestly hilarious to me, because everyone comes to church by their own motokarr or motorcycle, or pays to get taken there. So usually while Bishop Nuñez is making all the announcements and what not, we listen to alotta motorcycles hahahaha. 

That's all for this week, cuidados a vos lololol, por mis amigos que hablan el castillano jajajajja

 ELDER ROPER
PERU IQUITOS 2017//2019
2 NEFI 22:2














No comments:

Post a Comment