Monday, December 24, 2018

Tan rapido pasa el tiemp di?

Hello all! 

This week was real fun for the Christmas activities, but for the work, well we didn't get much done. Didn't have many appointments. We lost Thursday completely. We had a zone conference with a huge activity after - dinner, singing -  everything was great! And I got to conduct the Zone Conference hahaha . . . last time a District Leader conducted a Zone Conference he was assigned as a Zone Leader..... hmmmm we'll see.  




There's lots of rumors going around about where I'm gonna go in January. In my last interview with President Li, to be honest, it was pretty much a job interview. He asked me all about my studies I did back home, if I was good at math (financial secretary) and how I learned Spanish so darn fast. Normally our interviews are super short, like less than 10 minutes, but this time I was with him about 20 minutes because he just had so many questions. So, my future is either Zone Leader or Financial Secretary. We will see what happens or I will remain a normal district leader. My problem is that I let these rumors get to my head and I spend all day day dreaming about it instead of focusing on the work. Gotta stop that.

This week, it has rained and rained and rained some more. I am tired of rain, but I know there are people here who 100 percent ABSOLUTLEY need the rain to survive. It may sound like a joke, but this is definitely one of the poorest areas I've been in.  People make 40 soles a day and barely have enough to eat. (40 soles is just a bit more than 10 bucks). 

Saturday we baptized a kid. We were in the church filling the font and doing some cleaning when the power went out and the water just stopped (which isn't that rare of a thing in Peru hahahah). but like, it was a big deal for us. We needed the font filled! I remember saying a little prayer,  just to have patience and wait for things to come through and then I thought Alma 37, verses 6 and 7. Through small and simple things the Lord confuses the wise and the saying from Pres Hinckely, "Be still and know that I am God" and sure enough 3 or 4 minutes later the power kicks on and the water comes back.  Just another tender mercy of the Lord this week.  




The mission gave us a dope gift, a letter from the First Presidency and a little pin with the mission logo. I didn't manage to get a pic of it so I might just show you all tomorrow! 

Can't believe we only have 2 weeks or so left in the year, tan rapido pasa el tiemp di? 

Well,  I hope everyone has a great Christmas! Thanks for all your love and support!

Elder Roper




No comments:

Post a Comment