Monday, September 3, 2018

llegó septiembre

Hello!

Another week down! This week we had a baptism, a 15 year old girl. I felt kinda bad because my comp and his old comp had spent so much time teaching her, and I got her and she chose me to baptize her. He was a bit upset, but it's alright. We got a baptism!  It was super frustrating. We wanted to start at 7, but IT RAINED, so no one was there until 7:40 -7:50. Oh wellll. Rain here pretty much shuts everything down. Kinda frustrating.


We've been teaching English classes lately, and it is kinda fun. English is hard to teach, I tell everyone that I'm not a teacher, and that I just know how to speak it. I find myself using techniques to teach that I remember learning back in first grade with Mrs. Bruett. That's crazy stuff.

My comp is amazing! I am super humble to be with him. I'm in my first transfer as senior comp and district leader, and I haven't been doing a very good job of it. He called me out for it Tuesday and I kinda lost my temper for a sec.  Decided that I would go take a second to cool off in our little bathroom, thinking of how I was going to fight back with an argument and it hit me . . . I felt like I was acting like a child, and that he was only trying to help. I fought the Spirit and tried to justify everything, and 1 Nephi 16 came to me... the wicked take the truth to be hard. I realized I could either be wicked and proud and fight my comp or be humble and meek and receive his advice.  I went and apolgized for freaking out and ended up bawling. I feel super grateful to know that this is the Lord's work and that He knows His servants and exactly how to help them.

I feel very humbled lately.

Elder Roper

P.S.
 Where did August go?? 








No comments:

Post a Comment