What a week - 4 baptisms! This family has come a long way. Elder Call and I were so close to moving on from this family. I'm really glad we decided to be patient and work with them. This week they were married and my companion and I got to be the witnesses. So that was quite fun. Then they were baptized.
We are also planning 2 more baptisms for the coming week and the area should have even more in August. I can't help but be a bit proud of how much progress we've had in this area. I feel like things have really started to come along out here in Tushmo.
In my personal study lately, I've been in 3 Nephi - when the Savior Himself comes to the Americas. One thing that has really stood out to me as I've been studying, is just how much love the Savior showed for every single one of the children, and everyone else there. I think it is something quite interesting that we should all try to emulate in our lives as His disciples. Something I want to change about me.
This week we did a Motokarwash, and I have to say, it was quite fun! There isn't a lot of time when we can just kinda be here and goof around and have a good time and help people at the same time. It turned into everyone dumping buckets of water on each other. Quite fun!
My companion likes to tell everyone that we meet that I learned spanish in 7 months, and it really makes me laugh hahah. I know a lot, but not everything yet. The goal is to be able to read the scriptures and understand everything in spanish. I'm almost there, but it's going take more patience.
I think thats it for the week! I haven't been sick in a while, so that is great. We are entering the last week of the change, so we'll see what happens next Monday - if I am transferred or not!
I also opened my mission call a year ago on July 28, 2017 - hard to believe a year has gone by!
Much love from Tushmo,
Elder Roper



No comments:
Post a Comment