Well, I stayed up until about 11 Monday night waiting for the APs to call....... and they never did. So I will be here in this area until the beginning of August. We had interviews with Pres. Li this week and he told me that I WILL have a transfer. We shall see. Also he told me that I speak very well, and in our Zone Conference he made it very clear to the 2 Zones here that I speak very well. Which is something that really gives me confidence in myself, because there are days when I really don't know what I'm saying, and it just kinda flows out in perfect Spanish. Well not perfect, but for a gringo really good.
I've still been reading Jesus the Christ, and this week I found some real good quotes. The first says *The capacity to be GRATEFUL is a blessing.* the other says, *The man with much finds it easier to forget his dependence than he who must ask with every succeeding day. Preach My Gospel talks a lot about being grateful as well.
I really try to make an effort to thank my Pensionista every meal, because she's really struggling. Her son is divorced and moved in with their kids, she has us - the missionaries and she has her husband who doesn't have very good health. I try my best not to be a burden for her, and I think she notices that.
I was reading Elder Bednar's talk about meekness this week, and came across Moroni 7:45, which reads :
"And charity suffererth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seekers not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth inthe truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
"And charity suffererth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seekers not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth inthe truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
But I did something . . . I replaced the word ''charity'' with my name, so it reads, and Hayden suffereth.... so on and so forth . . . it really impacted me. It made me realize that of all the attributes and Spirtual gifts I have, I really lack charity. I think that it could help with my companion, but I really really don't want to change but, I know that will keep me being the same if I don't. Something to work on for sure.
This week we enter in July, and ain't that some stuff. I hope you all have a wonderful 4th and celebrate the birth of the greatest country in the world. I'll do my best down here hahah!
Until next week!
Elder Roper
No comments:
Post a Comment