Another week, another email! This week I got sick, and I am convinced that jungle colds are worse than colds in Utah, I dunno why, but I just think it is worse.
This week I learned that the bishop here, Obispo Jhon, knows his stuff. He was an AP in his mission, and really just understands how to get missionary work done. He always burns us in Ward Council, but its alright. I'm tryin' to learn as much as I can from him and from Elder Jackson, he'll finish his mission in September....
This week in Preisthood meeting, the first councilor shared a huge story from his mission. He said he was really cocky, really arrogant, and pretty much owned the mission. There wasn't a missionary better than him. He said the MP pulled him in for an interview, and told him he was going to be the next AP, and that confirmed all his feelings, that indeed he was the best missionary in the world. If he could keep this a secret for one week, he would be the assistant, but within 3 hours the whole mission knew that he would be the next assistant! So he lost it. He said he learned a huge lesson about being humble and meek, and then we read Elder Bednar's talk on Meekness. I loved it!
I also spoke in church Sunday, I spoke about ministering. I thought it was pretty good!
Pretty short this week, but its okay.
We didn't celebrate the 4th, but I decorated my planner real good that day.
Elder Roper!
No comments:
Post a Comment