It was another rainy week here in Tushmo. Things are slowly getting better, but we pulled another week of straight zeros in the reports - which is frustrating, not gonna lie. We have good fruits, but the numbers just don't show it. We've been contacting a lot as well, so hopefully somethin' will fall for us.
Elder Call got a call from the assistants Monday telling him he was heading to Tarapoto to be District Leader and to train a Gringo. Wow! hahah. What a task there!
And so enters Elder Ovelar. He came from the same zone that we were already in. He has 9 months in the mission and is from Paraguay. He speaks Spanish and Guarani, which is a super interesting native language. He isn't as dilligent as Elder Call, and its hard because I can be timid at times so we'll see how this goes. But from what I've seen, he's been nothin' but good. He's a great teacher. And he really likes to execise hahah, so we've been running in the mornings lately. Sucks, but I know I gotta do it haha.
I got my package, and boy was that nice. That really made up for the crappy call we had on Mother's Day. I feel like I'll be eating junk out of that for weeks hahaha!
We had a visit from Presidente and Hermana Li this week, they called us and said they wanted to visit some of our families, and normally they aren't in house in the afternoon, but sure enough we found them. One of our families is trying to marry, but their documents are a mess, and they told Presidente about it, and I think he's gonna try to help us there! That'll be dope.
Lately, I've really been thinking about ministering and boy do I love it! We had ward conference this past week, and the Stake Pres here had a really good message about it. I'm really trying to put it in practice here on my mission. Managing an area sure is hard here.
That's about all! The work will go on!
ELDER ROPER
No comments:
Post a Comment