Wednesday we had a meeting with all the trainers in the mission! My son Elder Espinoza is training which meant he made the trip by plane from Pucallpa! It was awesome to see him again! In this same meeting, President Parker asked Elder Neves and I to give a half hour training. I thought that it was going to be wayyyy too much time, but we ended up going over by about 10 minutes hahah. We did a really good job. It was fun to plan. We started with a web chart, as if we were writing an essay. We got some ideas that we wanted to transmit to the missionaries, and then we just kinda let the Spirit do its thing. It took us about an hour to do. Both President and Hermana Parker were impressed with what we had done. I think that we also set a mission record by being the first Secretaries to train in a meeting before the AP´s even train. Fun stuff.
Thursday was Consejo de LĂderes. All the ZLs flew in and for the first time in history( I think) the financial secretary was invited. They didn´t realy have a council, they just "practiced" what they wanted to accomplish in a Zone Conference, and boy was it awesome. They way they teach the missionaries reminded me ALOT about my seminary classes. I quite enjoyed it. I took a lot of notes and felt the Spirit in "HIGH VOLTAGE" hahah. Good stuff.
Friday we had a huddle meeting with the Parkers and just kept talking about stuff. The new PMG that will come out, the new missionary handbook. lots of good stuff. Something that I quite enjoy about them is that we are constantly shooting Utah vs BYU jokes back and forth. It is quite fun, especially in a different language.
I can't believe that finishing this week means that we are halfway through the transfer already. Time is flying on and on and on. It doesn´t seem to slow down at all.
This morning we decided that we wanted to go out and about for a bit, we ended up in a part of the city called "Belen" which is literally the dirtiest part of all of Iquitos. I hated it. But we got to see alot of the city hahaha. It was kinda sketch being 2 gringos walking around in all that but we were fine!! hahahah
All is well.
Thanks for all the support back home!!!
Elder Roper








No comments:
Post a Comment