Another week in the books, and while I say that, I might as well add another transfer in the books. Monday we will start the new one and it will officially be my second to last. Weird to think about! Elder Newell and Elder Hayes both go home the second week of August or so. It will be weird to send them off. Now the next big question is when will I leave the offices…… Do I get one more area or is my next area Taylorsville Utah? Hahah I think its 50-50. I also think that Elder Macz gets replaced and then me, and I don’t think that President Parker would like to have 2 brand new new new new secretaries in the office, especially when they have to work together.
Elder Neves has been a bit more busy with the transfers getting everything perfect for Tuesday, and the Parkers are already wanting to change things around with it, which is not a bad thing, we are just used to doing things the same way for the past 8 or 9 months and it’s a bit tough to get out of the habit hahah. Therefore, we haven’t been able to get out as much. We're kinda stuck in a discouraging slump right now. We haven’t been able to find anyone lately. It is hard to keep a clear conscience and know that we are giving it our all in the office and in our area.
Sunday night we stayed in the office all day after church. The Parkers wanted to meet everyone in the whole mission. So we stayed and helped them out with the process of pictures and all that good stuff. They interviewed everyone by companionship, so Elder Neves and I were interviewed together. It was so much fun to be able to speak to the MP and his wife in ENGLISHHHHHHHH. They are so awesome. I am actually kinda sad that I will only have 2 short transfers with them in charge of the mission. If I could extend…. I might say yes hahhaha but I think mom would kill me.
![]() |
| Interviews on Sunday Night |
Thursday was the 4th of July! I wore my socks and my red white and blue tie to celebrate and bought a Coke and some Oreos. We also bought a pizza that night with Elder Macz and Quezada. The APs were traveling with President Parker, so we got to enjoy it all to ourselves.
| 4th of July in style |
Wednesday we got a letter in the mail from an old assistant and a sister who served here addressed to President Li, we didn’t open it but from what we could tell it was their wedding invite. We got a good laugh out of that hahahha.
Yesterday I had a “conference call” type training with someone in SLC and some other financial secretaries from all over the world. They are rolling out a new program to keep track of spending on the card of the MP and his wife. It was fun. It was kinda weird to know that I was talking with someone in good ol Utah hahah.
Also I think on Tuesday night we were out knocking doors and we saw someone watching the Red Sox and the Blue Jays! That's not something you see every day. Wednesday night there was a big Peru soccer game, and they won, and the whole city went crazy hahahahhah. I love this country sometimes.
I also caught a cold this week, just one of them dang 72 hour ones. It was funny, because every single latino that came into the office told me I should be taking something or pills or a shot and I just said no. I figured I would drink my emergen c stuff and drink more orange juice and water and suck it up, and I’ll be fine. And that’s what I did, and I’m better hahah. Latinos think all the solution to everything is a shot or pills, butttt I dunno. I disagree hahaha.
I think that would be all for this week!!
Heres to another transfer!
Elder Roper
![]() |
| Brotherly love in the office |
| A cat that wanted to take a nap behind the offices |
| Elder Neves . . . what a guy! |
| Masonic temple |
| Last moments with the Li Family |
| P-Day lunch |


No comments:
Post a Comment