Hello all! It was fun to see everyone on Sunday for Fathers Day!
I have been reading lots of talks about pride and humility, and found a quote that pretty much floored me. I can’t remember who said it or where I found it… but it says “Pride is concerned with WHO is right, on the other hand, humility is concerned with WHAT is right”.
We’ve had a pretty basic week. We got to proselyte a bit more than usual, which was fun. We didn’t have nearly as many experiences as we had last week, but nevertheless we saw some small and simple miracles.
About 2 weeks ago, the AP´s decided that we would do a morning devotional as soon as we arrive in the office. We sing a Hymn, have a prayer, spiritual thought, sing and pray again. Its small, but we quite enjoy it. Elder Castro this week shared Proverbs 22: 6 which says… “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” It made me think pretty hard.
Last night President showed up to the offices and took the APs with him at about 3 pm. They didn’t get home until 10:20 jajajaj. He took them out to dinner and did transfers and a whole bunch of stuff. He should be in today and Thursday we will have one last family home evening with them before President Parker arrives on Friday. We are all obviously super excited for him, but at the same time, nervous. We don´t really know what to expect. Nevertheless, it will be excellent! Now that I think about it, there is a pretty soild chance that I finish my mission in the offices……. I am praying that it doesn’t happen, but we'll see.
In one of my studies this week, I decided to do a PMG study activity in Chapter 5. It says to compare the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7) with the sermon that Jesus gives to the Nephites in the temple (Nephi 12-14) It was awesome, there are lots of little details that I had never noticed before. I did that same study about 17 months ago in my first area, and didn’t catch anything. But when I did it this week, I learned a ton!
Mom and Dad I hope you enjoy your Mexico trip! Mom what you said about the man looking through garbage and buying a joint… sadly I see that almost every night walking home. It makes me grateful for the family I have and the stability that the Gospel provides. Hopefully you can go to a Spanish ward on Sunday! hahahah
Happy Anniversary this week Jackson y Jennay!!
(TODAY I HAVE 100 DAYS LEFT)
Elder Roper
| Elias Silbia Edila and Elias Hijo - we visited with them on Sunday after our call for Father's Day |
| Elder Neves planner and mine |
No comments:
Post a Comment