This week was nuts! We didn't get alot done. This week was Zone Leaders council, so we spent a bunch of time preparing for that, and recovering as well. All the zone leaders from the jungle parts of the mission fly in, and that’s always fun to see everyone. This time a couple flights were missed, and we ended up having to find some places for them to stay the night, so ex AP Elder Ruiz stayed the night in our house, and it was so much fun to have him back for a bit!
I hate to admit it but this week got the best of me, and I didn’t quite get to study that much. But yesterday I busted out a good one. In Chapter 4 of Preach my Gospel it talks about the guidance of the Spirit in the work, and how we should always have it and what not. And this caught my attention - “…recognize that your Heavenly Father knows what you need better than you do. Rely on the Spirit to know what to pray for.” Sometimes we can ask for unjust things in our prayers, and those prayers often remain without answers, therefore its important that we put this in practice in order to get answers from our prayers.
Yesterday the APs had a baptism, and Presidente Li and Hermana Li were there. President actually baptized and confirmed him (because of Conference today, and because he has the keys to make that decision). It was quite the experience. They let us sing our song “Brillan Rayos de Clemencia” (Brightly Beams Our Fathers Mercy) and it was quite awesome actually.
I'm stoked for Conference today! Even though we lose our P-day pretty much. In a bit were gonna run over to the stake center to watch it with everyone. I dunno how well we will be able to chat today, but at least I'll get my email off. Everyone is saying that they're gonna change the mission service time….. if it does………….. I'm staying until October that’s what I signed up for, and that’s what I'm gonna do. I am in no rush to get home and back into the world. (: I am pretty excited to see the new announcements though!!) It should be a great experience. Humbling to know that next conference I'll be able to watch it in my PJs or in the Conference Center itself.
This week my pants decided that they wanted to crap out on me. Two pairs are getting pretty worn out and holy, I got Elder Jacobson to patch one (he taught me as he did it - don’t worry mom hahah) but last night we got into a moto and they tore a bit again. I think that’s just a sign that I'm getting to be an oldddddddd missionary.
Thursday I was in the bank taking out a reimbursement, and a lady from Poland was at the next window, and the poor lady didn't speak any spanish, and no one in the bank spoke english but me, so "yours truly" was able to translate the whole transaction. It was quite fun hahahah. She had a ton of money and had seen lots of the world. It was interesting to see that it was just kinda right place, right time, and I told her that we were missionaries and all that, and she said in broken English.. "so let me guess, you're from Salt Lake?" and i just lost it laughing and said yes. Fun experiences in the bank! I still think it would be fun to work in a bank. All the zone leaders this week were pressuring me into studying at USU, and it sounds like a good idea. I just don't wanna think about it yet hahahah. Time is winding down quick. Once Presidente Li goes home in July, that’s when I think it is gonna hit me.
A quick invitation!! Invite someone to watch Conference with you, or to go to church or to read the Book of Mormon or the Bible! The worst that they will do is……….. say no thanks!!!! Don’t be afraid to give a referral to the local Elders or Sisters! Chances are it'll make their day!! A lot of the great missionaries I know here were referrals from the friends back home! We never know what the outcome will be!
Elder Roper


No comments:
Post a Comment