Well, this week was over in the blink of an eye to be 100 percent honest. I’m gonna start cheating while writing my emails to have more time to chat. I’m writing my email in a word doc, and then I’ll just copy and paste it to have a lot more time. That also means that I’ll have an English spell check working for once hahahah. Perks of being in the offices. Im also turning into a Microsoft Excel wizard… sorta. Its really cool to see all the programs and stuff that there are these days.
This week was spent indoors mostly. Just kinda learning about all the new stuff that I have to do. We went to the bank a couple of times, and I now have a Peruvian bank card to get me some perks, I’ll be in the bank a lot in the coming months. I’m getting to know the assistants really well, as well as President Li. He travels a ton, which means he asks for money a ton hahha. The other day before he left to tarapoto for zone conferences he came in and asked for 700 soles, and I took it out of the safe and gave it right to him. Fun stuff.
One day during this week, (I honestly don’t remember when, time flies in the office), I went out with Elder Jacobson from Idaho. He is currently the AP with less time (junior comp). He is a stud. We make fun of him for being a cowboy. He’s also taught me to play some riffs on the guitar hahahahah. Hes awesome. I really got to see how he worked, and it’s interesting to be in the AP´s proselyting area. It isn’t like they put up huge numbers or anything, but they do a good job for the time that they are allowed to work. They have lots of work to do… for example, every three months they go on tour with President Li to do zone conferences in the 3 big cities of the mission: Iquitos, Pucallpa, and Tarapoto. So they did that in December for Christmas, and they’ll do it again with a general authority soon in February or March. I’ll probably be able to take a cool pic with whoever the general authority is that comes.
Were also waiting for lds.com to announce who our new mission president will be. Pres Li makes lots of jokes saying that he’ll be from the Philippines and barely speak Spanish. Were all sure that he knows who it is, but he can’t really say anything about it yet. We shall see. Itll be fun to go to the airport to pick him and his wife up one day. (:
Elder Macz, who was my comp in August, is in charge of the health of all the missionaries, so whenever anyone gets sick, they have to call him in order to set up an appointment. So. One night he got a call at 4 in the morning, so he and I went to the offices so he could set up the appointment. It was a bit spooky walking through the streets of Iquitos at 4am hahah. But that explains the picture of the clock.
Also got some pics of my office. Yes it’s super messy, especially my box of stuff. When elder Egbert leaves ill be able to have it all to myself and it’ll be super clean and tidy.
I was looking around in my planner the other day and realized that it was Jan/11, and that mom’s birthday was the tenth! I completely forgot! Happy Birthday Mom! I imagine that you all went to the Cheesecake factory! Heheheh
Something I found in my personal study this week: ·3 Nephi 3:25 which reads, “And they did fortify themselves against their enemies, and they did dwell in one land, and in one body, and they did fear the words which had been spoken by Lachoneus, insomuch that they did repent of all their sins; and they did put up their prayers unto the Lord their God, that he would deliver them in the time that their enemies should come down against them to battle.” What really stuck out to me was the ONE LAND, AND IN ONE BODY. It reminded me of Elder Bednars talk from this past conference, which I proceeded to read and study, and I quite enjoyed and will invite each one of you to read it. (:
Well I hope you all have a great week!
Elder Roper

No comments:
Post a Comment