Monday, October 1, 2018

llegó OCTUBRE . . . no me digas . . .

Another week down, another month down at the same time, and here we are in October . . . Wow, how time flies!  This week was a lot better.  Monday we had interviews with the zone leaders, and I kinda let them know how I was feeling about things. They helped us a ton. Wednesday, the mission had interviews with Pres Li. He asked me about it, and gave me a little roast at the same time - that's alright, maybe I deserved it.  He helped me understand that sometimes we just can't see the big picture of things. 

Our Zone of Secada won the model zone of the mission this month! We finished the month with 32 baptisms.  So tonight we will go have dinner with President Li and his wife. I'm pretty stoked for that!

We also had a zone conference this week, and to prepare for it, I fasted. Boy, how I love fasting! I felt like every single thing that was said in the conference was just for me. I felt as if God, Himself was there teaching me. It was great! I really needed a pick me up!

This week it was my comps birthday . . . so Thursday to Saturday he was with his family...... greattttttttt.  I was with my district and it was pretty fun. I got to know them a lot better!  I also went out with some members to work in my own area, so that was great.  I bought a hammock to sleep in during these 2 days. It is pretty great to have around at night.

Yesterday we had a meeting with the Stake President. He is a great guy!  He is so focused on the work.  His vision is to have an operating temple here.  He said so many good things! I saw my trainer there as well.  He's awesome, he told me that within 2 weeks he's returning to his home because he is  having ankle problems, and he can't get it fixed here in the mission..... made me pretty sad. 

The stake pres told us we need to develop compassion and see people through the eyes of Heavenly Father.  That really impacted me!

This week we're gonna build a house for a family with the Elders Quorum - pics to come next week.

This week I would like to declare something - as I've been on the mish for almost a year, I've seen a lot, I've learned a TON. I've seen miracles. And honestly I didn't know a thing when I entered the MTC last year, but, as you dedicate yourself to the Lord, He does things that we just can't explain. His hand is literally in all things that we do. I cannot deny this work. If I ever go inactive, I'll just have to go back and read my journals I'm keeping right now to remind me of everything. 

In closing - one scripture:
Doctrine and Covenants 107: 99-100
Have a great week! Enjoy conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Roper










No comments:

Post a Comment