This week changes came . . . and I finally left the City of Pulcallpa. And as the title tells, I was assigned to be a District Leader. That's scary stuff, but I'm pretty stoked to be able to serve and minister to some more missionaries.
I am in the Zone of Secada, in the Area of Quistococha, in the City of Iquitos. And boy.... Iquitos is a lottt different than Pulcallpa that's for sure. It is a little bit cooler here that's for sure, it also rains a little bit more. My area is like straight sand...... I don't like Sand.
My new comp is Elder Macz, and he is from Guatamala. He has 7 months in the field. I'm stoked to be with him, he is a great teacher. I am a little worried about the dilligence and obedience here, but I'm happy to help,with love.
I also got my package this week, and honestly it made my whole week. There's just something about getting packages from home, a little piece of Utah here. I loved how everything was USA themed. THANKS SO MUCHHHHH!
This week we also got to speak in church. I think I'm gonna like this ward a bit better. The bishop is super humble here.
We had a family home evening before I left Pulcallpa last week and we focused on the Atonement. Something that absolutely blew my mind is that in Gethsemane, God literally ABONDONED Jesus Christ, but He still decided to suffer for us and die for us on the cross . . . put things in a new perspective for me for sure.
Dad's "No Fear" talk came just in time. I love reading talks from the modern day prophets and apostles. One thing I'm trying to keep in mind here is that the Mission is the Lord's way of choosing His leaders for His Second Coming. He needs to sort all His children, and the Mission is one of the ways to do so. Do I want to be someone that the Church has to take care of in the future? or someone who can lead the church??
Elder Roper from Iquitos!!
No comments:
Post a Comment