Monday, January 22, 2018

You Can Take a Kid Out of America, But You Can't Take America Outta The Kid

Hello all, 


GOOD NEWS, everything went well with our baptism this past Saturday. Except it started an hour late because literally no one showed up, but luckily we ended up having about 30 people there. And about half of our zone showed up too, so that was very nice. I baptized a 15 year old girl named Lesly, She was going to get baptized no matter what, the only thing that we needed was her mom to be baptized as well. Luckily we accomplished both, the work is hard, but the results are very sweet. The pictures aren't great, so I'm trying to get the pictures from my companion's camera. Missionaries aren't very good at taking pictures hahahah.





This week we ate.......... COW HEART, and surprisngly it was pretty tasty, pretty tough, but pretty good bwahahahha. We also found out that there's a group of WHITE, AMISH PEOPLE who live here in Pulcallpa with us, so that is quite interesting. The women here honestly get treated like trash, like not even funny. If the door is open, and the man of the house is right by it and wants it closed, he will always, without fail, ask the woman to come close it for him. Something the Feminists in the states need to come protest about.

We had our zone conference this week, and interviews with Presidente Li. I didn't understand much of the zone conference, but from what I understood, they burned us pretty good. I don't think there's ever a conference where they don't burn us, probably just something to light the fire in the missionaries to work harder. But all they say is obedience, obedience, obedience, and I'm sorry, but you can only preach obedience to us so much yanno? Frustrating, but from what I hear our mission is pretty disobedient hahah, so makes sense. 






My inner Trump side came out this week. We're runnin' a little low on the funds for transport this week, and my companion was like well just go ask them to take us and tell them we don't have money, they have to help us because we're poor. And I was like absolutley no, we are NOT going to do that. I came here to help people, not to ask for their help. It reminded me of Marcus Luttrell at the Patriot Tour - don't ask for free handouts! You can take a kid out of America, but you can't take America outta the kid. That really lit my fire that day haha. He was like well geez, you don't need to get all mad over this, it was just an idea. MHMMMM sure.

Yesterday we were searching for a house where we had an appointment.  We had called the guy like 8 times and he didn't answer, push comes to shove, we ended up finding another hermana that we had been looking for and we taught her, and she wants to get baptized ASAP.  The man called us after and told us he was working, but when we contacted him he told us that he never has work on Sundays, but he just got called in. Just another testimony that the Lord is most definitely on our side, and helping us in ways that we don't really understand or see every day.

Pretty eventful week to say the least, but the mission life is very sweet. This decision to serve has already had a huge impact on my life, and I am so so grateful for it. I never really knew the importance of the Gospel in high school, and just kinda went to church every Sunday because that's what we do, go to seminary because that's what Mormons do, never really acted on it, but the first couple weeks in the CCM (training center) were quite awakening for me. 

That's all for now, until next week! 
Elder Ropercito!






No comments:

Post a Comment