Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Week 3 is in The Books

Hello my family and friends lol!
Week 3 is in the books, and we are officially ananzados (veterans).  I cannot believe how fast 3 weeks have gone by. The Spanish has really picked up for me as well. I was able to ask a lady at the temple today to take a picture of me and my comp and she understood so that's dope. 

Are the Utes still strugglin? lol We had a kid have to speak spanish for 2 whole days to find out who won the World Series, so I'm pretty sure the Astros won? He's from Houston. 

Sunday we had a lesson on how the Lord prepared the world for the restoration. Pretty cool stuff. 1 Nephi 13 has all sorts of prophecies such as the revolutionary war and the pilgrims and stuff that I completely forgot about. Sunday I felt like I was drinking from a fire hydrant.  Hermana Moore taught us about the different kingdoms and the resurrection and real deep doctrine so I got mega confused about that. 

Sundays here are hard, especially Fast Sunday.  I find that I get the most homesick on Sundays lol. But Mondays are always good to get back to work and stuff.  P-day is Tuesday this week because it helps the cleaning crew get the building all clean and ready for the new group of elders and hermanas to come in. Next week P day should be Wednesday.  Josh Sandberg if you're reading this, there is a native here who has only one eye and I most definitely thought of you hahahah. 

Hmmmmm what else. We got to go to the temple today, and it was very nice to be able to understand it all hahahah.  I miss my glasses lol.  Everyone here thinks that is awesome and amazing that I worked for Oakley -  so my name was Elder Oakley for a bit lol. 

I feel confident in my teaching and speaking ability in the language. The gift of tongues is definitely real. 

I think that's about all for this week. I send my love and prayers to you all, and I miss you all dearly. 

Elder Roper
















No comments:

Post a Comment